"IF YOU ARE NOT ANGRY, YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
Latest positive news out of Ferguson. Community coming together.
From Elon James White Tuesday night.
This better have hundreds of thousands of notes at the end of the day or else
Jessica is so cold
Support young people exploring their gender identity 2k14
Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2006
Ways you can help:
When an undercover officer saw Monica Jones, a black transgender woman, walking down the street just a few blocks from her house, in an area that the officer described as being “known for prostitution,” that was enough to convince him that she intended to engage in prostitution. It was on that basis that he approached and stopped her.
In April of this year, Monica was convicted of violating this overbroad and vague law. Today she appeals that conviction, and the ACLU, along with other advocacy and civil rights organizations, filed a brief in support of her appeal.
We #StandWithMonica because transgender women of color should be able to walk down the street in their neighborhoods without being arrested, or worse, for simply being themselves.
When Walking Down the Street is a Crime. Chase Strangio, ACLU
The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has 53 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
95% packed and ready to move out of my summer apartment. rewarding myself with a very nutritious dinner of beer and ice cream.
am beginning to suspect that hesitant alien is actually going to be the complete bowie discography and velvet goldmine played on a loop. am very much okay with that prospect.
Gerard Way - No Shows
"Rarely do we see such honesty from modern booze companies…(this was a real brand btw, from early 1900s)." ~@DrunkenHistory
*nods while not understanding*
*realizes that in nodding in agreement to a text upheld by the academy and your peers as an informative text you’ve internalized a power relation from a specific assemblage of knowledge and ideas, so while you didn’t understand foucault the first time you understood power and its effect on the body intuitively*
*nods while not understanding*