somebody doesn’t have to look completely androgynous in order to identify as genderqueer or non-binary. somebody doesn’t have to look masculine or butch in order to identify as male. somebody doesn’t have to look feminine at all in order to identify as female. you can wear a dress and makeup everyday and still ID as male. gender expression is not the same as gender identity
Bessie Stringfield – Rode solo coast to coast through the deep south in the 1940′s.
good omens dreamcast: the four horsemen of the apocalypse
naomie harris as warshe was beautiful the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.
cillian murphy as pollutionhe was somewhere in his twenties at a casual glance, and a casual glance was all anyone ever gave him. he was almost entirely unmemorable.
fan bingbing as famine(s)he carries out (her) function in a variety of ways: nouvelle cuisine, diet fads, and new foods. it didn’t matter how much you ate, you lost weight.
archie panjabi as deaththere was a grin on (her) face, but then, given the face, there couldn’t have been anything else.
“Cheap”; by Megan Cooper
Ah, Bisexuality Day, when Freddie Mercury visits all the bisexuals who’ve been good the past year and gives them presents
Natalie Dormer for L’officiel Italia (September 2013)
ndorms for all your classic villians typically portrayed as males tbh
A pair of smokin’ dames on their motorbikes in Britain, 1930s. Photographs of women motorcyclists from this time period always fascinate me; society norms changing quickly through the early 1900s allowed women to exercise and enjoy some new freedoms. Can you imagine wearing a corset on a motorcycle?
Original photo source unknown, though I suspect it’s from historial archives.
[ more from the 1930s ]
no but modern au jehan would have an absolute arsenal of sex toys and nothing u can say will convince me otherwise
god, i hate teenage girls, they’re so vapid and awful
like, let’s go over a list of all the terrible things teenage girls have done
- volunteered for the first line of defense at the battle of stalingrad to fight against nazis
- invented science fiction
- rode twice as far as paul revere, in the pouring rain and alone, to alert americans to the approaching british during the revolutionary war
- pioneered the art of investigative journalism, and its use as a tool of social justice
- turned the tide of the hundred years’ war
- put themselves in the line of fire, often literally, in order to help end injustice
- organized a student strike that helped spark brown v. board
- hid from the nazis in an annex for two years and found such great poignancy in their experience that their ordinary day-to-day-thoughts have become world famous
- led lewis and clark across the north american continent— while pregnant/raising a child
- worked to desegregate schools in 1835, as well as to end slavery
- helped found the aclu and fought for women’s suffrage; also, got arrested for being radical socialists
- wrote the first known work of literature by an american black person
like, god, what a bunch of bubbleheaded excuses for human beings
HOW is a song whre a straight cis white guy is rapping like “yeah i thought i was gay at one point, im straight for ladies but its fine if you like people of your same, man if i was gay it would suck and people would probably hate me though” and then drops the f slur supposed to make me feel pumped up about being a queer person
tell me again it’s not needed anymore.
i hope it isnt just a feminist revolution i hope its also a revolution in kicking racist homophobic and bigoted shitheads in the ass
make your feminism intersectional or just don’t bother
things that are cute:
- when girls put their hair up in messy buns and there are a bunch of stray hairs hanging around their face/back of their neck
- when girls wear beanies
- when girls wear backwards baseball caps
- when girls do literally anything ever